· 5 days post-conference field excursion (15-19 August?)
· A west-east transect along the Lofoten archipelago from Moskenes through Vesterålen to to Sigerfjord in western Hinnøy.
· Accommodation is available in a number of villages with guest houses (rorbuer).
· Overnight schedule: Nusfjord (2 nights), Svolvær (1 night) and Sortland (1 night).
· Transport will be by bus to all the localities.
· Airline connection: Flight from Oslo to Bodø and Svolvær or Leknes in Lofoten and return from Evenes to Oslo.
· A lot of spectacular scenery and historic places e.g. the Viking Museum (LOFOTR) near the village of Borg and museums in Svolvær and Stokmarknes.
Number of participants: Minimum: 20, Maximum: 30